Do I need to find accommodation for the whole year?

I’m trying to fill out my visa as my uni has only given us a month notice. I had applied for student accommodation at Korea University but didn’t get it so have been trying to find other accommodation. But on the visa form it asks for addresses of where I’ll be staying. Do I need to find accommodation for the entire duration of my stay to put on the form or can I find a place for a short period and update it later on in the year if and when I move?

Asked by: Sachiko, 2 months ago


When asked about where you will stay on landing cards and visa applications you usually only need to put the address where you will stay initially. It is common that students change accommodation on long term courses, you don't need to book accommodation for an entire year at once. Just let your school and others know your new address when you move.

Here you can find student housing in Korea in homestays and private rooms. If you prefer to stay in a shared apartment you can mail us your request and we will put you in touch with a partner who can help you.

Read more:

Answered by: Johan at DreamStudies, 2019-07-23 12:32:09 This is an accepted answer.

We answer all questions here free of charge to the best of our ability at the time that the question was asked. However, conditions can change and mistakes can be made. We cannot in any way be held liable for an problems you might encounter based on our information on this website.

Back to questions and answers about studying abroad

Study Abroad Handbook

Our study abroad handbook helps you plan your studies abroad. 21 pages filled with study abroad advice. Download it for free here!

Popular schools