How can I get a student guardian visa to Japan?


I would like to place my son (6 years old and is holding US passport) in an international school in Kobe and like my partner to act as his guardian to stay there. 

My partner is a Chinese national. 

I appreciate if you can advise the procedures to apply for my son’s student visa and my partner’s guardianship visa. 

Asked by: Henry Chow, 11 months ago


I give study abroad advice for adult students. But unfortunately, I don't know anything about guardianship visas or visas for kids so for that you would have to look at other sources starting with the Japanese Embassy.

In our article student visa to Japan we write about student visa for studying at language schools and universities in Japan. To be eligible for this visa the student must have graduated from high school.

Answered by: Johan from, 2018-12-12 10:32:45 This is an accepted answer.

We answer all questions here free of charge to the best of our ability at the time that the question was asked. However, conditions can change and mistakes can be made. We cannot in any way be held liable for an problems you might encounter based on our information on this website.

Back to questions and answers about studying abroad

Study Abroad Handbook

Our study abroad handbook helps you plan your studies abroad. 21 pages filled with study abroad advice. Download it for free here!

Popular schools