What extra circular activities should I do?
What are the extracurricular activities that someone can do to make them stand out whilst applying to a good university?
I have been searching a lot but i cannot seem to find my interest. Can you please recommend me some options?
Thanks a lot
Asked by: xyz, 7 months ago
There are no specific activities that are better than others. What the schools want to see is that you are active, hard-working and try to improve yourself. Choose activities based on your interests and talents. Some examples of extracurricular activities:
- Culture and arts (for example playing an instrument in a band)
- Sports (play a sport and try to become as good as possible)
- Leading and teaching younger students (for example as a sports coach or camp leader)
- Participate in school activities such as student union, school newspaper, debate clubs etc.
- Having a spare time job that looks good on your resume
- Doing internships or volunteer jobs
- Being active in a political party, church or other organisation out of school
You want to do things that you feel are fun and rewarding, don't only do extra curricular for the sake of a college application. Strive to improve yourself and help others. The more committed you are the better references you can get and this is what really makes a difference in your college application.
- How to get into the best universities in the world
- How to apply to universities abroad
- Fill out an info request to get help to apply
Answered by: Johan at DreamStudies, 2020-08-26 08:16:24
We answer all questions here free of charge to the best of our ability at the time that the question was asked. However, conditions can change and mistakes can be made. We cannot in any way be held liable for an problems you might encounter based on our information on this website.
Back to questions and answers about studying abroad