Ashville Harrogate is an International Language School offering unique "global opportunities" for students aged 6-18 from around the world. Do read on to find out more!
What makes us unique at Ashville Harrogate?
- Harrogate has been voted in both 2015 and 2016 as the “happiest and best place to live in the UK” - students here are happy, secure and very safe
- Our school has a long standing tradition of success in all areas - it was founded in 1877 - and our new International School is a natural extension of our successes
- In 2016, Ashville Harrogate was ranked as one of the top performing academic 11-18 schools in the North of England
- In our Academic Programmes of Study, we deliver differentiated, cutting edge AIM (Accelerated Immersive Methodology) spoken English tuition, with certification via Trinity College London
- All English tuition is delivered in small classes by our own colleagues from the Modern Foreign Languages department, Ashville Harrogate’s top performing academic department
- We enjoy a healthy collaborative relationship with all the best UK universities, including both Oxford and Cambridge
- In addition to our academic profile, we run a number of high quality Academies in Music, Art, Drama and Sport as well as Outdoor Pursuits and other varied activities
- Our large Ashville Harrogate campus has fabulous facilities, and we are surrounded by some of the UK’s most beautiful scenery, all of which is within easy reach.
Our courses provide a minimum of 15 hours of intensive English lessons each week and run for one, two or three weeks. Our small classes are carefully tailored to suit different ages and abilities. Courses also include a range of Academies, activities, social events and excursions.
Our teaching methods use cutting edge AIM (Accelerated Immersive Methodology) spoken English tuition, delivered by our top performing Modern Foreign Languages department. AIM English uses effective strategies and techniques (e.g. Music, Drama and gesture work) to accelerate language learning in a fun and creative environment.
By the end of our courses, we expect that everyone will leave us with
- A Trinity College ESOL qualification (ESOL is “English for Speakers of Other Languages”) – recognised globally as the best spoken English qualification available
- A full written academic report
- An ongoing portfolio of completed work
- A completed activities diary
- Any special prizes or awards
- Some wonderful new friends and lifelong memories!
Our Academies are diverse – pupils can develop their creative talents, achieved with the help of superb facilities: a well-equipped Art & Music centre, state of the art 600 seater auditorium and brand new sporting facilities.
Harrogate - the best place in the UK!
(excerpt adapted from "www.visitharrogate.co.uk")
Whether you love the great outdoors or prefer shopping and good food, whether your passion is for gardens, history, art, culture or theatre, whether you want white knuckle rides or a leisurely round of golf, we have it all and much, much more! It is easy to see why our town and surrounding area was voted the happiest place in Britain for two years running.
Discover walking tracks, cycle routes and bridle paths in the Yorkshire Dales, Nidderdale or the North Yorkshire Moors. Slip back to ancient times visiting monuments such as Ripon Cathedral, Fountains Abbey, our own Turkish Baths or the famous city of York with everything it offers. Mooch around the stylish shops in Harrogate or the galleries, farm shops and cafes in the nearby market towns. At its most extreme, ride on Britain’s longest roller coaster, trek with llamas or zip-wire down spectacular gorges.
There is literally something for EVERYONE here - and it's all so close by!
Fill out an information request if you are interested in this school. Then you will receive more information from us or the school and you will be eligible for our discounts and special offers.