Berkeley City College
At Berkeley City College, learning becomes a thrilling adventure with top-quality education.
Berkeley City College- make dreams a reality!
Berkeley City College fosters academic excellence, personal growth, and community engagement. Here are several reasons why you should consider Berkeley City College:
1. Berkeley City College provides comprehensive support services, including counseling, tutoring, career guidance, and financial aid assistance. We want you to thrive academically, personally, and professionally.
2. BCC is situated in the vibrant city of Berkeley, known for its culture, intellectual pursuits, and social activism. We actively encourage students to engage with the local community through volunteer programs, internships, and service-learning opportunities.
3. BCC has guaranteed transfer programs with California State University (CSU) system and most of the University of California (UC) system. established strong partnerships with renowned four-year institutions, including private colleges. Through articulation agreements and transfer pathways, BCC students have a seamless transition to continue their education and earn a bachelor's degree.
4. Although UC Berkeley does not participate in the guaranteed-transfer pathway, our next-door neighbor has a special relationship with us at BCC. Our students can access counselors and resources from UCB, to build the best resume/CV to transfer. You could even start taking classes at UCB, while only paying BCC tuition prices through our cross-enrollment collaboration!
5. Located in the heart of Berkeley, BCC is easily accessible via public transportation. Its central location provides students with a host of amenities, including libraries, restaurants, shops, and cultural attractions.
Berkeley City College is a place where students can explore their passions, develop critical thinking skills, and prepare for a successful future. Unlock a world of opportunities.
Berkeley City College's top programs
Here are some of the most popular programs at Berkeley City College:
1. Computer Science and Information Technology: Students can gain skills in programming, software development, database management, and network administration. Why not follow in Steve Wozniak’s footsteps and transfer to UC Berkeley? That’s where he and Steve Jobs met up to create Apple, Inc!
2. Business Administration: The Business Administration program at Berkeley City College offers courses in accounting, marketing, finance, economics, and business communication.
3. Visual and Performing Arts: BCC offers programs and courses in visual arts, graphic design, multimedia, music, theater, and dance.
4. Liberal Arts and Sciences: Berkeley City College offers a wide range of courses in the liberal arts and sciences, allowing students to explore subjects such as English, history, philosophy, psychology, sociology, anthropology, mathematics, and natural sciences.
5. Social and Behavioral Sciences: The college provides programs and courses in social and behavioral sciences, including disciplines such as psychology, sociology, anthropology, political science, and economics.
6. Language Studies: The college offers courses in various languages, including Spanish, French, Mandarin, and American Sign Language (ASL).
7. Journalism and Media Studies: Berkeley City College offers courses and programs in journalism, media studies, and communication. Students can learn about media ethics, reporting, writing, multimedia production, and mass communication.
Remember; BCC provides a pathway for students to transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Start your journey with us!
Berkeley City College, campus and city
Berkeley City College (BCC) is a community college located in Berkeley, California. The campus is relatively small, but students have access to the other campuses in the Peralta district, and even several facilities at our next-door neighbor, UC Berkeley!
BCC has dedicated buildings for classrooms, laboratories, and specialized facilities for various academic disciplines. The campus library provides students with access to a wide range of materials, as well as equipment for rent, like laptops.
BCC offers various student services such as counseling, computer labs and a great common area where students can gather, socialize, and relax between classes. Although BCC does not have sports fields, gymnasiums, or a swimming pool, students are part of the Peralta district family, and have access to these amenities at Laney College, Merritt College, and College of Alameda.
The city of Berkeley, located in California, has a great public transportation system (The BART) which will take you to San Francisco or Silicon valley in 20-30 minutes. The city is known for its cultural and social activism, including the Free Speech Movement in the 1960s and the environmental movement in the 1970s. Berkeley is also home to a vibrant arts scene, with numerous theaters, galleries, and music venues. We can’t forget its culinary scene, with a diverse range of restaurants and cafes offering everything from farm-to-table cuisine to international street food. The city is particularly known for its focus on organic, locally sourced ingredients and sustainable food practices.
Overall, Berkeley is best known for its academic excellence, social and cultural activism, and culinary innovation.
The text above is written by the school. Fill out an information request if you are interested in this school. Then you will receive more information from us or the school and you will be eligible for our discounts and special offers.