The Colleges of Contra Costa, California
Colleges of Contra Costa - 3 community colleges located in the San Francisco Bay Area in California. Very affordable tuition and transfers into all the public Universities of California
Colleges of Contra Costa - San Francisco Bay Area
- Very affordable tuition - you can save thousands of dollars on the first two years of the Bachelor degree. Full time tuition (24 units) is $ 8,304
- Excellent academics - you can transfer into the 3rd year of the Bachelor degree at the top universities in California. Universitisty of California ( UC), such at UC Berkeley, UCLA as well as one of the 23 California State Universities - San Francisco State, San Diego State, Sacramento State...
- GAP years students welcome ! - spend a acadmic year semester in California. Explore your interests studying from hundreds of different courses
- Choose between three campuses - Los Medanos College, Diablo Valley College or Contra Costa College
- College Sports - Soccer, American Football, Baseball, Tennis, Track & Field, Water Polo, Volleyball, Swimming and Diving and Basketball
- Great locations - all three colleges are located in the San Francisco Bay Area and near a direct train line to downtown San Franciso. On the weekends, you can explore California's world famous destinations: Yosemite National Park, Napa Valley (famous for wines), Lake Tahoe (skiing), Pacific surf beaches. Further south is San Diego, Palm Springs and Los Angeles.
The Community College Advantage
Starting your Bachelor degree at a California community college has many advantages:
- Admissions - no entrance exam is required, such as the SAT, nor is an entrance exam requiired when you transfer
- If you are over 18 years old or a high school graduate (12 years of secondary education) you are admitted.
- Class sizes are between 24- to a maximum of 30 students
- Excellent internatioinal student support - transfer center, 1:1 education planning, free math and English tutoring, career services, immigration advising
- Priority admissions and guarantees for the Colleges of Contra Costa transfer students into the 3rd year of the Bachelor to many prestigious 4-year universities, both public and private.
- GAP Year students can choose from hundreds of classes in many areas of studies. From Antropology to Zoology, from Art to Video Game Design.
Choose from Three Campuses
Los Medanos College (LMC)
- Suburban campus about 70 km from downtown San Francisco. Bus service from the campus to the direct train to San Francisco.
- Ranked no. 6 Best Community College by College Choice Magazine and Top 150 Community College by The Aspen Institute.
- Honors Program with ten partners, including UCLA, since 2015 75% of LMC students in the program have been admitted to UCLA.
Diablo Valley College ( DVC)
- Located about 50 km to San Francisco with on-campus bus service to BART ( Bay Area Rapid Transit) train
- Furnished and unfurnished aparmtents 1-2 blocks from campus
- DVC is number 1 in transfers among international students to UC Berkeley and UC Davis. Almost 40% of DVC's international transfer students have been admitted to UC Berkeley since 2010.
Contra Costa College (CCC)
- Urban campus only 32 km to San Francisco, with on-campus bus service to the Bay Area Rapid Transit trains to San Franicsco
- Very diverse campus; 42% Hispanic, 20% African American, 14% Asian, 12% White, 6% Filipino and 6% Multi-ethnic
- Presidential Award-winning Center for Science Excellence for STEM majors
- High transfer rate to UC Berkeley, UCLA, UC Davis, UC San Diego, San Francisco State and UC Santa Barbara.
Fill out an information request if you are interested in this school. Then you will receive more information from us or the school and you will be eligible for our discounts and special offers.