University of Cumbria
We are the University of Cumbria, where the impossible is made possible. A distinct university in a unique place that has inspired generations to conquer the problems of their age.
Why study at the University of Cumbria?
- We are ranked 8th in the World and 1st in the UK for Quality Education (SDG4) (Times Higher University IMPACT Rankings 2020)
- We are rated amongst the best in the UK for graduate employability, with 96% of our graduates in employment or undertaking further study within 15 months of graduating (Higher Education Statistic Agency, HESA, 2020)
- We have one of the top 8 Law Schools in England (according to the Guardian University Rankings 2020)
- With Cumbria, you can study at a University that keeps you safe and supports you every step of the way
- We are a University born of pioneers:
- Pioneers of Art
- Pioneers of Education
- Pioneers of Conservation
- Pioneers of Mountaineering
- Pioneers of Digital Health
- Pioneers of Literature
As a modern university we are only 13 years old, but we can trace our origins back as far as 1822 (and even to AD120).
Programs and Courses
With seven beautiful campuses, including one in the heart of the poetic English Lake District, the University of Cumbria offers an exciting range of research-informed, professionally focused degrees in diverse and intriguing subject areas.
On our safe, picturesque, and self-contained campuses in Ambleside, Lancaster, Carlisle, or London you can study everything from Animation, Biomedical Sciences, International Business, Conservation, Criminology, Film and TV Production, Forensics, Forestry, Management and Marketing, Law, Outdoor Studies, Outdoor Leadership, Nursing, Psychology, Project Management, Occupational Therapy, Wildlife Media, Zoology and many other subjects.
The University of Cumbria is committed to creating a sustainable legacy and joining our colleagues around the world in championing a brighter and more equitable future.
Our areas of expertise are:
- Art / Design / Media
- Business/(Project) Management/Leadership
- Conservation /Forestry/Geography/Outdoors
- OT/Physiotherapy/Sports Rehab
- Teacher Training
Join us at one of seven campuses across the North West and London. Spread across two World Heritage Sites, the Lake District National Park, and England's iconic capital city, our historic campuses are surrounded by natural beauty, vibrant student communities, and endless career opportunities.
Carlisle: Carlisle is is a historic town with around 100 000 inhabitants only 16 km south of the Scottish border. Here you will find two of our campuses: Fusehill Street where history meets innovation, and Brampton Road where creatives teach creatives.
Ambleside: A small town in the Lake District National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site, south of Carlisle. The Ambleside campus is the perfect place for world-savers, animal lovers, and adventurers.
Lancaster: Lancaster is a student haven full of history and culture. With iconic stone architecture, parkland, and a caring community. The campus houses top-quality facilities tailored to the needs of life-savers, world changers, and future leaders.
London: Just steps away from the iconic Canary Wharf in Docklands sits the London campus where you can study subjects like Business, Education, or Health.
Fill out an information request if you are interested in this school. Then you will receive more information from us or the school and you will be eligible for our discounts and special offers.