University of Debrecen
A leading public Medical school that was founded in 1538. The University of Debrecen's medical programs have world wide recognition including the WHO. We also give many other programs.
Why choose the University of Debrecen?
University of Debrecen, Hungary offers worldwide-accredited degrees in the heart of Europe since 1538. We are an elite research university with the main Campus located in the middle of a forest.
Over 29,000 students enrolled in the current academic year, more than 7,000 international students from over 120 countries.
591-600 in QS World University Rankings
351-400 in QS WUR by Subject „Medicine”
The University of Debrecen offers
- European, worldwide recognised degree
- Government supported, renowned research university with a long history in higher education
- Wide spectrum of programs
- Multicultural community of international students
- Safe and peaceful environment, college town
- Schengen visa, central position in Europe
- High level of facilities for sports and leisure
- Excellent residence halls
- Moderate living costs
Programs and courses
80+ programs in English are available on Foundation, BSc, Msc and PhD level in the following fields:
• Medical degree programs (Medicine, MD, Dentistry, DMD, Pharmacy, Pharm. D.
• Health Science programs on BSc and MSc levels,
• Agricultural programs on BSc and MSc levels,
• Business on BA and MA levels,
• Engineering programs on BSc and MSc levels,
• Professional Pilot, BSc,
• Information technology programs on BSc and MSc levels,
• Science program on BSc and MSc levels,
Campus and the city
A multi-campus university
The university has four major campuses in Debrecen.
1. The oldest one is the main campus, which is home to the majority of the faculties like Science and Technology, Humanities, Music and Medicine.
2. The Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences and Environmental Management and the Faculty of Economics and Business are in a smaller campus on Böszörményi street.
3. The third campus is on Ótemető street, where the Faculty of Engineering can be found. The youngest campus is based on Kassai street where the Faculties of Law, Informatics and Public Health are located.
4. The Faculty of Health is also an educational unit of the University of Debrecen, however its campus is located in the nearby city of Nyíregyháza.
We have campuses in Hajdúböszörmény and Szolnok as well.
- With 220 thousand inhabitants Debrecen is the second largest city in the country
- It is a cultural, educational, and economic center of Eastern Hungary
- Seat of Hungarian Protestantism
Fill out an information request if you are interested in this school. Then you will receive more information from us or the school and you will be eligible for our discounts and special offers.