B.H.M.S. Business and Hotel Management School
B.H.M.S. is one of the world's leading hospitality schools, located in the heart of Lucerne, a beautiful city in Switzerland. It is part of the Benedict International EducatIon Group.
Why study at B.H.M.S.?
- Ideal Location in the Heart of Lucerne City - The B.H.M.S. campuses and student residences are located in the heart of the beautiful city of Lucerne, within walking distance from each other and from the city center itself. Living and studying in the heart of this unique city enable students to enjoy the urban qualities as well as the charm and exclusivity of Luzern.
- Full Speed Bachelor of Arts Degree - B.H.M.S. (together with The Robert Gordon University) has designed one of the fastest track BA Degrees in Switzerland without compromising its educational quality. At B.H.M.S., students can achieve a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Hotel and Hospitality Management in 18 months of study plus an 18-month paid internship period. A similar education in another Swiss hotel management school would require 24 months of study plus a 12 month internship period. This gives B.H.M.S. graduates an advantage of studying 6 months less while gaining 6 additional months of paid work experience in Switzerland.
- Unique 5-Week Term System - B.H.M.S. has implemented a unique system of education by dividing a 20-week semester into four mini-terms of 5 weeks each. This system enables students to focus on only 3 to 4 academic subjects at a time instead of the usual 8-10 subjects as in other Swiss hotel schools. As a result, B.H.M.S. students are able to complete 12-14 academic subjects within a 6 month period without overload.
Guaranteed Internship and Graduate Placement
Industry training is an integral part of the study program at B.H.M.S.. During every academic year, students are required to carry out a 4-6 month industry training period in a hotel or a restaurant approved by BHMS. In addition, BHMS works with numerous international placement agencies that specialize in placing graduate students in Europe, Asia, and North America. A Career and Placement Counselor assists students with placements in hotels and restaurants in Switzerland and abroad.
The hospitality industry is dynamic, demanding and full of opportunities which can shape your character and lead to a range of exciting career options.
Students with passion and curiosity for the hospitality industry can benefit from BHMS’s links to the leading companies within the industry.
If you want to experience life at a Swiss Hotel School before applying for a longer program you can take BHMS two weeks summer course. The price for the summer course is 2950 CHF including food and accommodation. Should a student chose to enrol in any of BHMS academic programs within two years after taking the summer program, he/she will be entitled for a CHF3,000 fee reimbursement should he/she enrols to a minimum of two‐year academic program or CHF1,500 fee reimbursement if he/she enrols to a one‐year academic program. Read more on the links.
- B.H.M.S. is an eduQua-certified private institution in the canton of Luzern, in compliance with Swiss federal and state law. EduQua is the Swiss Association for Quality & Management Systems (SQS) which certifies Swiss colleges and education institutions in Switzerland.
- B.H.M.S has a partnership agreement with The Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen in the UK for granting the Bachelor of Arts Degree in Hotel & Hospitality Management in Switzerland. The Times Good University Guide 2010 named The Robert Gordon University as the best modern university in the UK.
- Konferenz der Höheren Fachschulen HF der Schweiz
- B.H.M.S is a full member of the Private School Register in Switzerland.
- B.H.M.S is a full member of EURHODIP - The Leading Hotel Schools in Europe
- B.H.M.S Higher Diploma Program is accredited by the University of Brighton, Uk, for progression towards the University's BA (Hons) in Hospitality Managment.
- B.H.M.S is partnered with the City University of Seattle in granting a Master of Business Administration in Global Management.
- B.H.M.S is a member of the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education (I-CHRIE).
- B.H.M.S is a member of the American Hotel & Lodging Association.
- B.H.M.S Culinary program is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the American Culinary Fed
Fill out an information request if you are interested in this school. Then you will receive more information from us or the school and you will be eligible for our discounts and special offers.