DreamStudies’ study abroad scholarship
DreamStudies help you with free information about studying abroad. Now we also want to help you to finance your studies through our study abroad scholarship. Read more and apply here!
In August 2017 DreamStudies founded a scholarship for students who want to study abroad. Most scholarships are limited to a few schools or countries. However, our scholarship is open to all universities, colleges and language schools all over the world.
- Cornelia Andersson was awarded 1200 Euro for studies at the University of Alicante in the fall of 2018.
- Louise Lionell was awarded 1000 Euro for studies at the University of South Wales in the fall of 2019.
- Hanna Igelström tilldelades 700 Euro for studies at the New York Film Academy in the fall of 2019.
The scholarship amount is 1000 Euro for studies at any university, college or language school abroad. At selected schools we can offer an increased scholarship amount of 1500 Euro. On the application page, you can see which schools are awarded the higher amount.
This scholarship is handed out once a year. The scholarship can be shared between two students as was the case in 2019. Then we reserve the right increase the scholarship amount if possible.
Please note that this scholarship will not be enough to support you on long-term studies. You will still need other financing as well.
Who can apply?
You can get the scholarship for full-time studies lasting 4 weeks or longer at a specific school and program abroad starting in 2020. If you want to start later, you should wait and apply for a scholarship in the coming years instead. We do not provide scholarships for elementary school or high schools abroad. Otherwise, anyone can apply regardless of age and background.
You do not need to be accepted by a school abroad when you apply for the scholarship, but if you receive the scholarships, it is on to the condition that you will study at the school and program which you mention in your scholarship application. You can find thousands of schools abroad in our school database, but you can also get the scholarship for schools that are not listed in our database.
Application deadline and the scholarship winner
The application deadline is 15 December each year. DreamStudies’ Board of Directors then decides which student will be awarded the scholarship. His or her name is made public in the first half of January. For more details see the terms and conditions on the application page.
Tell us about your studies
If you are awarded our scholarship, you are expected to write a blog post or record a video during your first month abroad telling others about your study abroad experience.
To apply you need to submit the following:
- Personal information and contact details
- Contact details for a reference person that speaks English. We need the person's name, phone number, e-mail and title. It can be a teacher, coach or similar person who knows you well. We do not accept references from relatives, partners or friends.
- Information about which school you need the scholarship for
- Write an application letter where you answer the following three questions:
- Who are you?
- What do you want to achieve by studying abroad?
- Why do you need this scholarship?
The application is made digitally by pressing the button below. Only complete applications will be considered. Please note that we are unable to answer questions about individual applications.
Read more about scholarship for studying abroad and discounts for universities and language schools abroad.