Study at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies in Seoul or at Hanyang University in Ansan. Choose between Gap Year, Study Abroad semesters, Bachelor Degrees, and Summer sessions.
Why study at HUFS or HYU?
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS), ranked as the best international university in South Korea, lays in the very heart of the thriving capital Seoul. It is renowned for its generous curriculum and over 40 languages offered by its departments. HUFS has distinguished itself as a truly international university where people and cultures from all over the world meet. Hanyang University's ERICA Campus, located just 40 minutes from the center of Seoul on the shores of Ansan is ranked in the top 1% of all universities in the world QS rankings. HYU is also the oldest engineering institute in Korea. Apply now and dive into unique Korean culture and gather first-class academic experience at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies or Hanyang University!
"The smell of cotton candy is laying in the air paired with laughter. It’s the first day of school at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies and the college clubs try to recruit new members. I love the atmosphere of my new home; busy students walking around, the smell of the metropolis and the excitement about something new that’s laying in front of me." Antonia, Germany
"The months in Korea were certainly some of the best in my life. In between a vivid nightlife, extraordinary food, deep conversations, a great number of wonderful friends from different cultures, a very special football club and the exchange life itself" Niklas, Germany.
Programs and courses
Choose between the following programs:
- Gap Year: if you have graduated from High School but not yet enrolled in a university in your home country you can take a Gap Year at at Hanyang University in Ansan. You can take any first year undergraduate courses offered in subjects such as Business, Economics, Engineering, Pharmacy, Public relations, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Writing, Architectural Design etc.
- Study Abroad-semesters: foreign students studying in an institution of higher education are welcomed to HUFS and HYU to spend an unforgettable semester or even two studying Bachelor or Master level courses. At HYU you can choose among the courses mentioned under Gap Year above and at HUFS you can take courses such as Social Sciences, Business, and Economics, Education, International Studies, Korea Studies, Languages, etc.
- Degree programs: This is the program for long-term students to Korea. At Hankuk University of Foreign Studies you can take a four year Bachelor's Degree in English in one of the following subjects:
- International Relations
- International Economics
- International Law and Development
- Culture & Humanities and Language
- Summer courses: take a four-week summer course from mid-July to mid-August in Seoul! You study undergraduate courses in English at Hankuk University in Seoul.
Destination and Campuses
HUFS consists of two campuses: Seoul Campus and Global Campus. Different curricula are taught on the campuses, so your interests and aspirations determine if you will be attending your lectures in the bustling atmosphere of Seoul or enjoying the fresh breeze of Yongin, a city surrounded by forest-covered hills 2 hours away by bus from of Seoul, where Global Campus is located. HYU ERICA Campus is located by the shores of the Yellow Sea in Ansan. Explore the canals of the city and make use of the great connections to Seoul!
The campuses at both universities not only offer lecture halls and offices, but special care has been taken to ensure that all students' basic needs are satisfied. There are supermarkets, sports facilities, restaurants, cafeterias, and banks on campus and right next to it. Student dormitories are accordingly located either on campus or just a minute away by foot.
Seoul is one of the biggest and most populated cities on Earth. This gigantic 24-hour city is also one of the top 10 best cities to study in and offers endless possibilities for travellers and students alike. If you're keen on the ever more popular Korean culture, e-sports, top brands, and making your every day an adventure, you will be at home here. Seoul is also one of the safest cities in the world, and you can always escape the city for a hike on the nearby mountains or travel to seaside.
Fill out an information request if you are interested in this school. Then you will receive more information from us or the school and you will be eligible for our discounts and special offers.