Kings New York (Concordia College)
Kings New York is located on the beautiful campus of Concordia College. Situated in the affluent town of Bronxville, Westchester County, it is a 30-minute train ride into New York.
University campus in exclusive area
Our Center in New York is on the campus of our university partner Concordia College. Founded in 1881, Concordia College is a four-year, coeducational liberal arts college which is part of the Concordia University System. Concordia College offers a fantastic location in which to live and study. The campus is set in the safe, affluent village of Bronxville in Westchester County, New York, and is around 30 minutes by train from the heart of Manhattan.
The campus dates back one hundred years and features an array of fantastic buildings, including original "College Gothic" structures designed by the architect of Ellis Island, Edward L. Tilton. Also on site are a worship and performance hall, a contemporary academic center and library, residence halls, and a range of athletic facilities.
Kings students at Concordia live on campus at Romoser and Rippe Hall.
Learning and sports facilities
- Well-equipped, spacious classrooms
- Well-stocked libraries
- Performing arts and worship center
- Athletic center with full-size gymnasium,
weight room, fitness and sports training center,
squash courts, indoor and outdoor tennis courts,
baseball, soccer, and softball fields
- Music practice studios and an electric piano laboratory
Freshman Year: If you have not studied at university level before, you can take a Freshman year at Concordia College. If you want to continue to study there your are guaranteed progression to years 2, 3 and 4 at Concordia for a four-year Bachelor's Degree. During the first year you choose one of three pathways: Pre-Engineering, Business or Digital Media / Video Production. Then you can proceed to a Bachelor in subjects such as Biology, Business Administration, Education, English, Health Care Administration, Health Studies, Liberal Studies, Nursing, Social Sciences and Social Work.
Study Abroad Semesters: Take independent courses for 1-2 semesters. Choose a minimum of 12–15 credits (3 to 5 subjects) each semester from one of Concordia’s dynamic, interdisciplinary programs of study such as: Liberal Arts, Business, Social Sciences, Digital Media or Science.
English language courses: study English on a real college campus. Choose between:
- Intensive Course: For those who want to make rapid progress and study English focused on special interests.
- Vacation Course: 20 English lessons per week. It can also be combined with various sports and activities.
- Discover New York: combine English studies with an experience of New York’s Fashion, Art and Design scenes.
- TOEFL-preparation: prepares you for the TOEFL-exam
Often voted greatest city on earth!
- Manhattan Island is home to some of the world’s most iconic landmarks and attractions, and is therefore a must-see destination. The Empire State Building, Times Square and Broadway are just a few of the places you’ll see.
- A short boat trip on the Hudson River will take you to Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, where you can learn about America’s fascinating history of immigration.
- New York boasts a wealth of fantastic sports teams, which you can easily see in action. Amongst the most famous are the Knicks basketball team and the Yankees baseball team.
- New York has plenty of parks to enjoy, no matter what the season. Some of the best include Central Park, Battery Park and the unique High Line, which sits above street level on a section of a disused New York Central Railroad.
- New York has an array of distinctive neighborhoods to explore, one of which is the West Village. An area of quaint brownstones clustered along tree-lined cobblestone streets, it dates back to the 19th century.
Fill out an information request if you are interested in this school. Then you will receive more information from us or the school and you will be eligible for our discounts and special offers.