De Montfort University
Come and study at DMU, located only one hour north of London, awarded QS 5-star accolade 'excellent' rating one of only 15 universities in the UK
What is so special about DMU?
- Special no1: Students love our campus! DMU is a city based campus where all facilities are in one spot right, 5 mins away from the city centre. And to satisfy over 25,000 ambitious students it is important to offer a motivating environment. This is what DMU does best! We have invested over 136 million UK Pounds to create "the Campus of the Future" AND work is also underway to build a brand new state of the art 'Instagrammable' library with all the latest modcons, gadgets and software to add to the student learning experience.
- Special no2: DMU has been ranked Silver in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). This is a scheme introduced by the UK government to measure the quality of teaching, learning environment and student outcome at Higher Education Institutions.
- Special no3: DMU has been consistently ranked amongst the top 25 universities in the country (out of 130) for employability. Over 98.5% of our students are in full-time employment or in further studies after graduating with the help of our award winning careers team.
- Special no4: DMU joins an elite band of universities to be awarded a 5-star 'excellent' rating DMU joins 15 other universities in the UK and just over 100 universities worldwide in being granted the 5-star accolade.
- Special no5: DMU is ranked 38 in the world for Fashion, the only university outside London to be so highly ranked
DMU is a big university hosting over 25,000 students. We have over 400 degree programmes spread over 4 faculties.
- Art, Design & Humanities
- Business & Law
- Health & Life Sciences
- Computing, Media, Engineering,Technology
Leicester has been named as one of the top 10 cities in which to live and work in the UK (Good Growth for Cities Index 2015) 3rd most progressive city in tackling social and environmental issues AND 4th most vibrant city in UK
And not only this, it is also considered amongst the top 10 most affordable cities to live in for students .
Easy connections to UK cities and 3 international airports reachable in less than an hour. With 1 hour 10 minutes away from London by train.
It is a middle sized city of approx. 330,000 inhabitants of which approx 40,000 are university students. This makes the city big enough to have a great offer of activities and job opportunities. Home to major employers such as Caterpillar UK, Dunelm, E.ON Europcar Group, IBM, Joules, Mattioli Woods, Next and PepsiCo
Sports teams include, Leicester City Football Club, Leicester Tigers, Leicester Riders and Leicestershire County Cricket Club who are DMU partners
DMU's student union offer over 100 different activities, everything from sport and fitness to music and culture clubs
The text above is written by the school. Fill out an information request if you are interested in this school. Then you will receive more information from us or the school and you will be eligible for our discounts and special offers.