The European School of Political and Social Sciences is a multilingual and innovative school. It aims to understand society in a national, European, and international environment.
A multilingual school at the crossroad of Europe
The ESPOL educational environment is multilingual and language learning is one of its priorities. Courses are taught in English and French and every student must choose a second foreign language option (German, Spanish or Italian) and has the opportunity to study a third language (German, English, Arabic, BCMS (Serbian-Croatian) Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese Russian and Turkish).
Every year, ESPOL embarks students on European days centred on a selected European country with a programme open to a range of subjects including politics, food, cinema, music and culture. To complement these days dedicated to Europe, ESPOL organises a day-trip to a European country for its first-year students to visit various political institutions.
Undergraduate & Postgraduate Programmes
ESPOL differentiates itself by its innovative pedagogy, offering students various ways of learning and of being interested in the world around them. New courses such as "Music & Politics" or "Sports & Politics" offer bachelor students a fresh approach to Political Science. ESPOL gives its master students the opportunity to specialise with its interdisciplinary progrogrammes in an interactive and proessionalising way.
At ESPOL, you will have the choice between two bachelor's degrees:
- Bachelor's degree in Political Science: A solid knowledge of Europe and all its aspects.
- Bachelor's degree in International Relations: A solid analytical and critical understanding of global politics.
- Bachelor's degree in Philosophy, Politics & Economics: The fundamental tools to analyse and resolve the major governance issues facing contemporary societies.
ESPOL also offers three postgraduates programmes:
- Master's in "Global and European Politics": Europe and the EU in a changing world.
- Master's in "Food Politics and Sustainable Development": The politics food production and consumption.
- Master's in "International and Security Politics": The politics of violence and uncertainty.
- Master's in "Digital Politics and Governance" : Understanding the Politics of the Digital.
ESPOL also offers foreign students the possibility to come and discover political science for one or two semesters in France with a special programme.
- Programme in European Politics: This is an advanced programme focused on the regulation of contemporary societies in a globalised world. It reflects major political issues as well as their resolution.
Study at the heart of a dynamic city
Studying in Lille means choosing a dynamic setting on a human scale where culture, sport and student life are within easy reach. The city offers a wide range of accommodation for students, from studios to shared flats. National organisations such as Le Crous or internal organisations such as All offer accommodation for students in quiet and secure environments close to the campus.
The text above is written by the school. Fill out an information request if you are interested in this school. Then you will receive more information from us or the school and you will be eligible for our discounts and special offers.