Genki Japanese and Culture School
GenkiJACS is a study abroad school specialized in teaching communicative Japanese, aimed at foreigners who want to learn the language while experiencing the culture.
Why study at GenkiJACS?
- Small classes with maximum 8 students per class.
- Class material is focused on communication, and study materials are aimed at speakers of Western languages.
- Flexible schedules with courses start every Monday year-round, and you can study for as long as you want, from 1 week to a year or more!
- School available the full year, only closing for national bank holidays and free field trips arranged on those days.
- Combined programs between our 2 schools (Tokyo and Fukuoka) that allows students to experience both cities.
- All of our Japanese teachers are graduates of a 420-hour Japanese teacher training course at a recognized study institution, and have extensive experience teaching to foreigners.
- We are one of only two Japanese schools accredited by the International Association of Language Centres, and the first Japanese school ever to be voted 2 times Star World Language School (2016 and 2018), the industry's highest award!
- Great locations with our Tokyo school in the heart of Shinjuku district and the Fukuoka school five-minute walk from the central Hakata station.
Programs and courses
Standard Japanese (main course - all levels): Base of all our courses, It uses interesting and modern materials and activities to focus on improving your Japanese speaking ability in a way that gives you the flexibility to adapt to new situations. 4 hours per day Monday to Friday divided in 2 hours of grammar and 2 hours of the language 4 skills practice.
6 months / 1 year long-term discounted courses: 24 weeks / 40 weeks of Standard Japanese course, available at a 25% discount, and with 4 yearly starting dates.
Then we offer extra modules that can be added on top of it freely as below:
Plus Conversation course (module - not for low beginners): 5 extra hours per week of only conversation classes added Monday to Friday
Plus Traditional Culture course (module - all levels) : 6 hours of traditional culture related activities on Saturdays, maximum 4 weeks.
Plus Pop Culture course (module - all levels) : 6 hours of pop culture related activities on Saturdays, maximum 4 weeks.
Japanese Plus NextGEN course (module - all levels) : 6 hours of a mix of traditional culture and pop culture related activities on Saturdays, maximum 4 weeks (only available in Summer).
We are a Japanese language school specialized in communicative Japanese with a strong emphasis on real-life skills, as we think that learning Japanese just by reading textbooks and listening to tapes doesn't make you a real Japanese language speaker. With us you will learn common sentence patterns and vocabulary then use them in practical situations both inside and outside the classroom. We also offer a full range of cultural activities for you to also be able to experience the culture of Japan while learning the language.
Fill out an information request if you are interested in this school. Then you will receive more information from us or the school and you will be eligible for our discounts and special offers.