Spanish at Locations | Costa Rica & Panama
Want to learn Spanish AND have the freedom to travel around? Our 4 schools allow you to choose your adventure without losing academic continuity!
4 outstanding Locations to study!
Don’t want to commit to one location to study Spanish? Get quality instruction without sacrificing your rambling desires as you visit the most beautiful spots across Costa Rica & Panama.
You will not be learning Spanish in a traditional setting, but rather in our open-air stations surrounded by nature. Whether it’s the volcano in Turrialba, the jungle in Puerto Viejo, the Caribbean Sea in Bocas or the exotic animal life in Boquete, your classroom will be difficult to forget!
Turrialba - Costa Rica: nestled amongst world-renowned rivers and misty mountain tops, the welcoming town of Turrialba is an ideal location to study Spanish. It is very authentic, not many people speak English and you can feel like a local for a while; shopping on the local farmers market, going to do sports in town or eating an ice cream in the park, just like the ticos do!
Puerto Viejo - Costa Rica: Puerto Viejo de Talamanca is a small laidback beach town on the Caribbean Coast near the Panamanian border and is still quite non-commercialized and unspoiled. The Caribbean ocean is 200 metres from the School; here you find the perfect place to learn to Surf and do a lot of Yoga!
Bocas del Toro - Panama: Located in Bocas del Toro, the archipelago off the northern Caribbean coast of Panama. The crystal clear waters, white sand beaches, world-famous waves, colorful coral reefs, the abundance of marine life make Bocas del Toro a tropical paradise. Let's not forget to mention the vibrant nightlife with live music and parties on the beach under the stars!
Boquete - Panama: With its alluring Caldera river flowing through its center, Boquete is an idyllic small town nestled in the Chiriqui highlands with a tropical but cooler climate. Hiking, soaking in the hot springs, ziplining between the tree tops and learning about coffee cultivation are just some of the activities to explore!
Travelling Spanish Classroom - Spanish & Travel!
Panama, Boquete, Bocas del Toro and Turrialba
- 4 weeks, each week exploring a different exciting location
This program is designed for you that want to learn Spanish but also want to travel. As you travel, you will share daily activities like shopping and cooking with a Spanish speaking instructor. You will be immersed in a fun and inspiring atmosphere for learning Spanish. To round out the total package, we include our most popular adventures in each location to ensure that you do not miss these unforgettable experiences.
-> 28 days
- Pick-up in Tocumen – Panama City airport & transfer to Hostel
- Three weeks and and 3 days of Spanish lessons
- The company of an instructor
- Transportation between locations
- Daily breakfast
- Weekly introduction to the new location
- 4 Latin dance classes (Panama City, Boquete, Bocas, Turrialba)
- 3 local food cooking classes (Boquete, Bocas, Turrialba)
- 3 Friday’s Happy Hour (Boquete, Bocas, Turrialba)
- Panama City Adventures: Walking tour Casco Viejo + Panama Canal Tour
- Panama City Adventure: San Blas Islands two nights stay
- Boquete Adventure: Canopy Tour (zip lining in the treetops)
- Bocas Adventure: Catamaran Sailing
- Turrialba Adventure: Rafting on the Pacuare River & overnight stay at River Camp
- Flight ticket
- Lunch and dinner (in San Blas and on the River camp this ís included)
- Snacks and drinks on outings
- Additional activities & excursions
- Additional (bus or flight) tickets out of Panama or into Costa Rica as a prerequisite to enter one of these countries
- Upgrades on rooms (from shared to private)
- Upgrades on classes (private instead of group classes or extra private classes besides the included group classes)
- Extra nights before or after the Travelling Classroom that starts on Sunday 5 pm and finishes on Sunday around 3 pm in Siquirres.
- Extension week in Puerto Viejo
Our Hostels & fascinating Activities!
TURRIALBA: Our hostel is called Spanish by the River; be independent, yet share with fellow students. There is a large charming balcony with lots of hammocks where you can enjoy the gorgeous view of the Turrialba volcano and the jungle in front of it. You will see sloth’s, toucans and lots of other birds. There are shared rooms and private rooms for up to four people, with or whithout private bathrooms. A fancy loungeroom and a fully equipped kitchen is part of the deal.
BOCAS; Spanish by the Sea, our largest Hostel is perfect if you want to interact with other students and travellers from all over the world. There are many hammocks and spaces to hang out, study, read or relax. We have a a green area as well! The kitchen is open-air and has everything you need. Our little sanctuary is within walking distance to everything that Bocas Town has to offer,There are shared rooms and private rooms for up to four people, with or without private bathrooms. There is a possibility to order pancake with tropical fruits for $2,- between 8 and 10:30 am.
BOQUETE; Spanish by the River in Alto Boquete is the perfect little retreat to live, study and space to return to after exploring the heap of outdoor activities of the area. The Hostel is small and soon feels like your home away from home. There is a large yard, hammocks and spaces to hang out together or alone. There are only rooms for 2 persons. You can cook your own food and there is a Plaza with a supermarket, bakery, good restaurant and such at just 100 meters walking.
The text above is written by the school. Fill out an information request if you are interested in this school. Then you will receive more information from us or the school and you will be eligible for our discounts and special offers.