Westbourne Academy is a British Council Accredited English Language school located in Bournemouth and near to the famous award winning beach.
Why choose Westbourne Academy
- Quality school at good prices
- General English, IELTS Preparation, Cambridge FCE & CAE courses
- 24-hour emergency support
- On site café offering freshly prepared food at good prices
- Social programme offering interesting and varied activities every week and staff-led excursions
- Self-study and computer room
- Free WiFi in the school and all accommodation
- Free course materials with your course
- Short walk to the beach
- Part of New City College, a large, government college in London. Opportunities for higher education
Programmes and Courses
Students have the option of studying 20,28 or 40 lessons per week on either a General English or a specialised Cambridge Examination course.
- All course books are loaned free of charge but can be bought by students.
- All lessons are 40 minutes.
- English Plus includes additional General English and Conversational English classes.
- The maximum number of students in a class is 16.
- Our average class size in the Summer is 12-14. Our average class size the rest of the year is 10-12.
- Courses are normally held between 9.30 am – 12.30 pm and/or 1.30 pm – 4.30 pm Monday to Friday, depending on the student’s level. The Junior Programme is between 9.00 am – 12.00 pm Monday to Friday
- Students cannot choose the lesson times under any circumstances. Class times are allocated according to level.
- Examination practice materials are available to borrow for all examinations listed at the bottom of this page.
- IELTS examinations can be arranged throughout the year when required. Students must be studying for a minimum of 8 weeks before the date of the examination.
Why study in Bournemouth
•Beautiful seaside location.
•Named number 1 for safe environment. (Poole – Branksome, Parkstone).
•Beach: the longest and best in England, 10km! Water sports.
•University town: Over 30,000 students – most popular place to study English in the UK after London.
•School: 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and 5 minutes by bus from Bournemouth town centre.
•Easy to travel and using public transport to different areas of the town and other cities.
•London 2h only. International airports nearby (BOH, LGW, LHR).
•Free time activities: festivals, markets, mini golf, bowling, 6D cinema, laser quest, Pier, restaurants, shops…
•Local area /Outside activities: Jurassic coast, New Forest, Poole, Christchurch, Winchester, Salisbury, Oxford, Bath…
The text above is written by the school. Fill out an information request if you are interested in this school. Then you will receive more information from us or the school and you will be eligible for our discounts and special offers.