Do I have to show funds if I am already in Australia ?

I am on temporary residency now and want to apply for student visa soon. I am thinking of going for PHD course now. Do I have to show funds even if I am applying from within Australia?

Asked by: Neet, 6 months ago


Yes as far as I know you always need to prove that you have enough funds if you apply for a student visa, it does not matter if you are already in the country or not. However, if you already have a residency in Australia I don't think not need to apply for a student visa as long as your residency is valid. However, double check this with the Australian Migration authorities and/or your school.

Read more:

Answered by: Johan at DreamStudies, 2020-03-01 22:14:01 This is an accepted answer.

We answer all questions here free of charge to the best of our ability at the time that the question was asked. However, conditions can change and mistakes can be made. We cannot in any way be held liable for an problems you might encounter based on our information on this website.

Back to questions and answers about studying abroad

Study Abroad Handbook

Our study abroad handbook helps you plan your studies abroad. 21 pages filled with study abroad advice. Download it for free here!

Popular schools