Can I be sponsored to study in Japan by a non-family member?


I'm hoping to apply for a student visa for Japan this year in order to attend a Japanese language school this October. I have a close family friend living in Japan who is willing to be my sponsor / guarantor, as well as let me stay with them during my time here (if the visa was to be granted). Would they be accepted as my sponsor?

Asked by: Shanley, 1 year ago


Yes that should be ok as long as your sponsor fill in your schools' sponsorship forms and explain that you will stay with them while you study in Japan.

We can help you to find and apply to good language schools in Japan. Fill out our information request form if you want help.

Read more:

Answered by: Johan at DreamStudies, 2019-05-21 06:54:11 This is an accepted answer.

We answer all questions here free of charge to the best of our ability at the time that the question was asked. However, conditions can change and mistakes can be made. We cannot in any way be held liable for an problems you might encounter based on our information on this website.

Back to questions and answers about studying abroad

Study Abroad Handbook

Our study abroad handbook helps you plan your studies abroad. 21 pages filled with study abroad advice. Download it for free here!

Popular schools