Can I start fresh at 27 years old in any college in the U.S?

I´m 27 years old and I'm from Iceland, I want to study in the U.s. but I do not have any ACT/SAT credits or any other like that. I stopped studying after elementary school. Is it possible for me to start on a fresh square in the U.s.? 

Asked by: Egill Fannar Ragnarsson, 5 months ago


Universities and four year colleges usually demand that you have a high school diploma. If you don't you will probably need to take a GED-test. Some Community Colleges might be able to accept you depending on how long you did study. Other options are language schools and vocational programs

Answered by: Johan from, 2018-11-04 18:22:00 This is an accepted answer.

We answer all questions here free of charge to the best of our ability at the time that the question was asked. However, conditions can change and mistakes can be made. We cannot in any way be held liable for an problems you might encounter based on our information on this website.

Back to questions and answers about studying abroad 

Information request

Fill in this form if you want help find and apply to suitable schools in the country where you want to study. Then you also get our study abroad handbook, free of charge.

I want to get your newsletter about studying abroad (max 1/month).

You do not commit to anything by filling in the form above. We and/or some suitable schools/partners will contact you with more information. We will not share your details with anyone else. By submitting this request you accept our conditions and handling of personal data.

Study Abroad Handbook

Our study abroad handbook helps you plan your studies abroad. 21 pages filled with study abroad advice. Download it for free here!

Popular schools