Can I do a part time job when I study abroad?

Is there an age limit for working when studying abroad?

Asked by: Simranpreet kaur, 5 months ago


Your eligibility to work when studying abroad is decided by your visa, not your age. On a student visa you are allowed to work part-time in many countries like Australia or Japan. In the US you are only allowed to work on campus from your second semester. If you take a short term course on a tourist visa you are not allowed to work at all.

Working Holiday visas, on the other hand, are usually restricted to a minimum age of 18 and a maximum age of 30 or 35 years old, but normally you would not have a Working Holiday visa when you study abroad.

Answered by: Johan at DreamStudies, 2019-04-25 21:13:41 This is an accepted answer.

We answer all questions here free of charge to the best of our ability at the time that the question was asked. However, conditions can change and mistakes can be made. We cannot in any way be held liable for an problems you might encounter based on our information on this website.

Back to questions and answers about studying abroad

Study Abroad Handbook

Our study abroad handbook helps you plan your studies abroad. 21 pages filled with study abroad advice. Download it for free here!

Popular schools